The OBPR, in its role of administering the Government’s best practice regulation process and reporting on compliance with the requirements, assesses whether:
- a RIS was prepared to inform the decision maker at the policy approval stage and whether the analysis contained in the RIS satisfies the Government’s adequacy criteria;
- the RIS prepared at the decision-making stage was published on the OBPR’s website, tabled in the Parliament or otherwise made public (transparency stage);
- ‘exceptional circumstances’ were granted by the Prime Minister at the decision-making stage, and if an adequate RIS was not prepared, a PIR is required to commence within one to two years of the implementation date, and
- An Annual Regulatory Plan was published.
- Australian Government Regulation Impact Statement status by agency 2012-13 [ 341 KB]
- Australian Government Regulation Impact Statement status by agency 2012-13 [ 688 KB]